The Best Web Servers For Startups
We’ve worked with most of the popular cloud server companies and have a few favorites we’d like to share with you.
A server for the bootstrapped startup
If you’re starting small and on a budget we would recommend Media Temple, this server plan can handle bursts of traffic and should get you through the first 3-6 months until you need to scale.
- Click this link to MediaTemple (the page will open in it’s own window)
- Scroll down to ‘hosting plans’ under WordPress Hosting click learn more
- Step 1: Select the personal plan ($20/mo).
- Step 2: Scroll down to where it asks you if you want to pay monthly or yearly. Yearly saves you some money. Choose an option, then click add to cart
- On the next screen, Input your Domain Name in the box, and select if you already own the domain, or if you want to register it. Click Add this domain
- Fill in your personal and billing info.
- Send us the two emails they send you and we’ll take care of the rest.
Scalability and hockey stick growth
If you know you’ll need to scale quickly or need rock solid up-time for a high profile launch, we recommend rackspace’s managed cloud. We’ve worked with their team to architect custom server configurations that can sustain huge hits of traffic, they scale quickly, and have high availability.
As with any server, you aren’t guaranteed 100% uptime, but this is probably as close as you’ll get.
- Contact us to get started discussing a custom solution with Rackspace